Monday, October 8, 2007

Could River be Jesus?

My name is River and I am a Bulloxer. What if someone told you that I was coming to live with you for a month, what would you say? Would you allow me, a dog, to stay in your home for a month? How long would you need to prepare for me to come? Would you have a place for me to sleep and where would that be? What would you feed me and in what type of dish? Would you buy me a collar and take me for rides in the car? Where would you take me out to play? Would you take me to the dog park?

What if God told you that his beloved son had took the form of a dog and that he was coming to live with you for a month, what would you say? What would you do before Jesus arrived, would you clean your house and put on your best clothes? Would you change anything before he arrived? How long would it take you to prepare for Jesus to come in to your home? Where would he sleep, would it be the same place as before when you thought he was only a dog? Would you feed him at your diner table on your fine China, after all this is Jesus, or would you feed the Son of Man dog-food? What would you say to him and how would you entertain him? Would you throw the ball for him to chase or take him to the dog park to play with other dogs? Would you take him shopping for a collar and if so, what type of collar would you choose, one for looks or one that would be safer for him?

Even if you were a non-believer, how would it affect your life to have Jesus in your home as a dog? What would be the difference between River the dog or Jesus the dog. Would you have to change your lifestyle or your attitude. Do you think you would enjoy living Jesus? What would you tell your friends and family about the new dog you have in your home? Have ever really wondered if Jesus does spend time on earth and how he would go about doing it?

I would like to know your thoughts, so please leave River a comment, thank you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would treat Jesus equal to my dogs that I have now. I think he would want to be treated the same.

October 20, 2007 at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home